1. Kemp J, Zuckerman RA, Finlayson SRG. Trends in adoption of laparoscopic cholecystectomy in rural versus urban hospitals. Journal of the American College of Surgeons 2008;206(1):28-32.
2. Paquette I, Finlayson SRG. Rural versus urban colorectal and lung cancer patients: Differences in stage at presentation. Journal of the American College of Surgeons 2007;205(5):636-641.
3. Doty BC, Heneghan S, Zuckerman R. Starting a general surgery program at a small rural critical access hospital: A case study from southeastern Oregon. The Journal of Rural Health 2007;23(4):306-313.
4. Zuckerman R, Doty B, Bark K, Heneghan S. Rural versus non-rural differences in surgeon performed endoscopy: Results of a national survey. The American Surgeon 2007;73(9):903-905.
5. Doty BC, Heneghan S, Gold M, Bordley J, Dietz P, Finlayson S, Zuckerman R. Is a broadly based surgical residency program more likely to place graduates in rural practice? World Journal of Surgery 2006;30(12):2089-2093.
6. Zuckerman R, Doty B, Gold M, Bordley J, Dietz P, Jenkins P, Heneghan S. General surgery programs at small rural New York State hospitals: A pilot survey of hospital administrators. The Journal of Rural Health 2006;22(4):339-342.
7. VanBibber M, Zuckerman R, Finlayson S. Rural versus urban inpatient case-mix differences in the US. Journal of the American College of Surgeons 2006;203(6):812-816.
8. Chappel AR, Zuckerman RS, Finlayson SR. Small hospitals and high-risk operations: How would regionalization affect surgical volume and hospital revenue? Journal of the American College of Surgeons 2006;203(5):599-604.
9. Dimick JB, Finlayson SRG. Small rural hospitals and volume standards in surgery. Surgery 2006;140(3):367-371.
10. Finlayson SR. Surgery in rural America. Surgical Innovation 2005;12(2):299-305.
11. Heneghan SJ, Bordley J, Dietz PA, Gold MS, Jenkins PL, Zuckerman R. Comparison of urban and rural general surgeons: Motivations for practice location, practice patterns, and education requirements. Journal of the American College of Surgeons 2005;201(5):732-6.
12. Gold MS, Zuckerman R, Dietz P, Heneghan S, Bordley J. Cooperstown surgeons throw a pitch for rural surgery. Bulletin of the American College of Surgeons 2004;89(9):16-20.
13. Reynolds FD, Goudas L, Zuckerman RS, Gold MS, Heneghan S. A rural, community-based program can train surgical residents in advanced laparoscopy. Journal of the American College of Surgeons 2003;197(4):620-623.
Manuscripts Accepted for Publication
1. Doty BC, Zuckerman R, Finlayson S, Jenkins P, Rieb N, Heneghan S. How does the degree of rurality impact the provision of surgical services at rural hospitals. The Journal of Rural Health (accepted, in press).
2. Doty B, Zuckerman R, Finlayson S, Jenkins P, Rieb N, Heneghan S. General surgery at rural hospitals: A national survey of hospital administrators. Surgery (accepted, in press).